SVG support in web browsers
Browsers that I have tested and found to work:
- Firefox 1.5, 184.108.40.206
- Opera 9.0
- Internet Explorer 6.0 with Adobe Plugin (I think)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 with Adobe Plugin (mostly works, just can't download to Excel)
Browsers that offer native support for Scalar Vector Graphics (svg) include:
- Opera web browser (since 8.0)
- Browsers based on the Gecko layout engine version 1.8 (such as Firefox, Camino 1.0 and SeaMonkey Internet suite 1.0),
- Omni Group's OmniWeb 5.5 browser
- Some versions of Safari might have native support....
- KDE's Konqueror has a fairly complete SVG plugin called KSVG.
- Amaya has partial SVG support.
Plugin Support is available for the following:
- Internet Explorer
- Safari (note: For Safari, the Adobe plugin supports only the PowerPC platform. For Safari
on Intel machines, Safari must run under Rosetta for the Adobe plugin to work.
The most widely available SVG plugin on the desktop is from Adobe Systems (Available Here) and supports
most of SVG 1.0/1.1. (Adobe's SVG download page now says "Please note that Adobe has
announced that it will discontinue support for Adobe SVG Viewer on January 1, 2008.")
(Note: this is summary from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics )
If you are still having trouble, please send an email to email@example.com and I will see what other info I can dig up.