See the IRM Logo Above?
Then you have a browser that can view iframes
and svg (Scalar Vector Graphics), both necessary for the Bestiary. If
you do not see the logo, here is some INFO that will help.
- Under construction. updated: 05/24/2007
- New data uploaded on 4/3, lots of titanomagnetites.
- 5/10 Bi-Plots are up but with only 2 porperties to plot. More queries to be added soon.
- Additional data added, working on queries and what I would call data flow or usability.
- Specimen Data tab now uses AJAX calls to retrieve specimen info, less clicking necessary...
The Second Generation of the Rock Magnetic Bestiary is beginning to take shape.
Through this portal you can begin to search for specimen data, view plots, and download
data. Below are brief descriptions of the different "portals" or search types
I am working on. Currently the first two are live, the other will be soon.
- Material Data/Experiment Type
- Select a mineral type, then pick from a list of material we have that match that mineral
type. You will then get a list of specimens made from that material. Select some that you are
interested in and you can view plots from various experiments and download the data.
- This is up and you will see it as the last tab on the tabs page. Currently only 2 queries are active,
but that will change soon. I am working on organization and layout, but for now you can get to the tabs through
the Material Data link above. The biplots do not currently use the mineral filter.
- Material and Scalar Properties
- This will allow you to query the database for specific properties such as susceptibility, Coercivity,
frequency dependence, Curie Points, transition temperature, etc. Basically any parameter
in the database will be available. Currently this is working and I am optimizing some of the queries,
and adding data.
You should see improvements, new features and data added on a weekly basis. If you have
any suggestions please drop me an email: email@example.com